Who We Are
5 startups. 16 weeks. 1 mission.
M-1 Ventures is an accelerator for startups developing technologies that improve health outcomes, promote fitness and streamline health care. The program features mentorship from connected health and fitness experts at Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland.
Sponsors of M-1 include
M-1 is thankful for additional support from
What We Do
M-1 Ventures accelerates the progress of innovative connected health and fitness technologies through an intensive 16-week program in Baltimore, Maryland. Drawing from an international applicant pool, M-1 identifies and nurtures startups aiming to help people around the world live healthier lives.
What’s With the Name?
M-1 is a term for first-year medical students. We believe the name represents the promise of M-1 startups. They may be early-stage businesses, but they have the potential to improve the health and fitness of people around the world.
M-1 Ventures Provides
- $25,000 in up-front investment funding
- 1-on-1 mentorship from Paul Singh (an active angel investor previously with 500 Startups), Tony D’Agostino (a serial entrepreneur currently working with medical device startup ZyGood) and other hand-picked experienced entrepreneurs, investors and industry leaders
- Access to connected health and fitness experts at Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland
- Co-working space at the FastForward East innovation hub on the Johns Hopkins Medical Campus
- Pro bono legal/accounting services and additional business resources
- A chance to garner additional investment as determined by a peer-review investment model
- A Demo Day with potential investors, collaborators and customers from across the country
Applications Open: July 12
Applications Close: August 4
Program Begins: September 5
Demo Day: Early December
Program Concludes: Mid-December